As you grow older and your children become more independent, it becomes increasingly possible to leave a lasting legacy that will benefit Holy Angels for years to come. By making a gift now or in your estate plans, you can enrich communities in to the next century and beyond.
Bequests may be set up in a variety of ways.
You may choose to include a gift of a specific dollar amount, a percentage of what is left after providing for relatives, or even a particular asset. If you already have a will, you may add a bequest through a simple codicil or amendment naming The Zita Charitable Trust Sister Concetta Fund of Holy Angels as a beneficiary.
Once you make arrangements for a lasting gift, let us know by filling out the Bequest Intent Form available below.
Here are a few examples for your adviser to consider:
- For a general gift of a certain percentage or portion of your estate: “I give to The Zita Charitable Trust Sister Concetta Fund of Holy Angels one-fourth of my estate.”
- For a gift of a specific asset: “I give 500 shares of [name] stock to The Zita Charitable Trust Sister Concetta Fund of Holy Angels.”
- For a contingent bequest, which takes effect only when certain conditions are met: “In the event my spouse does not survive me, I give to The Zita Charitable Trust Sister Concetta Fund of Holy Angels the remainder of my estate.”
- For a residual bequest, which directs the disposition of all or a portion of whatever remains after all other required amounts are paid: “I give the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to The Zita Charitable Trust Sister Concetta Fund of Holy Angels.”
As always, remember to consult independent tax and legal advisers before making any charitable gift.
There are also other options as to how you can include The Zita Charitable Trust Sister Concetta Fund of Holy Angels in your estate plans.
Other options to consider:
- RETIREMENT PLAN – Simplify matters for your loved ones by directing all or a portion of what remains in your retirement accounts to charity and leaving more tax-favored assets to your heirs. You may designate Holy Angels as a beneficiary of your IRA without changing your will. In this case there is not tax liability on the distribution. Again, in this case a percentage of the value can be designated to Holy Angels.
- EXISTING LIFE INSURANCE – Turn unneeded life insurance into a lasting legacy. You can make Holy Angels the beneficiary of life insurance policies without changing your will or other estate plans. These policies can often be a good choice to fund charitable gifts as your financial and family circumstances change over the years.
- NEW LIFE INSURANCE – Purchase a new life insurance policy naming Holy Angels as owner and beneficiary: You receive an income tax deduction for each premium as made and provide a major gift to Holy Angels with a modest annual payment.
The process for including us in your estate plan is often as calling your attorney or other financial advisors. If you choose to make a bequest, please be sure to use the legal name of: ZITA Charitable Trust Sister Concetta Fund of Holy Angels (Tax ID# 20-5177582).
Charitable Plans Intent
Please inform the Development Office of your intent to include us in your charitable plans, as we would like to honor you as part of the Holy Angels Legacy Society. Of course, all gift information is strictly confidential.
The information posted here is not intended as legal, tax, planned giving or investment advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney, tax professional or investment professional.