Concerning upcoming events, Holy Angels is closely monitoring our community’s developments with COVID-19 and will make a public announcement if an event is to be rescheduled during this time. Thank you for being patient with us as we assess each day.
Friday, May 1, 2020
Angel Run & Walk – Fully Virtual
Monday, March 23, 2020
How can you help?
- Make a donation – Donate Here
- Send In-Kind Donations of Hard-to-Find Products. Our Central Supply Department is in need of the following products for which bulk purchases are being limited. If you would like to help in this way, you can ship the new, unopened products to us at our mailing address, drop off at the Guard Gate, or order from an online retailer to be delivered directly to Holy Angels – Central Supply.
- Laundry Detergent – Powder or Pods Only (No bottled liquid) – drop-off only, please do not ship
- Disinfectant Spray
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Isopropyl Alcohol (70% or greater)
- Digital thermometers and covers
- N95 Masks
- Masks with Face Shield
- Gowns – Isolation, Sterile or Surgical
Friday, March 20, 2020
19th Annual David Rice Memorial Angel Run and Walk is officially RESCHEDULED for June 27, 2020
Due to the recommendations by the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding mass gatherings and large community events, we will be postponing the 19th Annual David Rice Memorial Angel Run and Walk to Saturday, June 27, 2020. We have also added a “Virtual Runner” element to this date. Stay tuned to emails, social media and our website for more details on the Angel Run!
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
We can all support local in a variety of ways! Take advantage of the curbside pick up and delivery options, in addition to supporting without having to spend any money. We can all ‘like’ or ‘follow’ their social media pages, leave a nice review, give them a public shout out, and so much more! Below are restaurants that have collaborated with Holy Angels in some way:
Show them some local love!
Monday, March 16, 2020
We are closely monitoring the date of the 19th Annual David Rice Memorial Angel Run and Walk
Holy Angels is closely monitoring the recommendations by the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as keeping close communication with our peer organizations who care for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The 19th Annual David Rice Memorial Angel Run and Walk is currently scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2020, which falls directly between the mandated 30-day period issued by LDH and the 8-week period recommended by the CDC for gatherings of more than 50 people. See links to the articles above. At this time we are working to choose a tentative back-up date. Please expect an official announcement confirming this date change to be posted here no later than March 31. Thank you for your patience, understanding and gracious cooperation as we activate our infection control plan and work to protect our residents and staff. Their well-being is our top priority.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
To Our Family Members and Community Supporters: A letter concerning COVID-19
The health and well-being of our residents, program participants, families, staff and volunteers is our top priority. Therefore, we are informing you of Holy Angels’ initiatives in preparation for the potential increase of coronavirus cases in our region. COVID-19 (also referred to as the coronavirus) poses a significant threat to those who become infected. Should the virus continue to spread within the United States, as it has in other countries, residents and program participants at Holy Angels may be disproportionately impacted because of their complex medical conditions and, in some cases, their age.
Holy Angels is working in collaboration with medical officials, peer organizations, state agencies, and other partners to monitor the situation closely.
Until further notice, we are asking that all visitors, including family members, please refrain from coming into any residential areas of Holy Angels, including the main campus and group homes. If you have an emergency, please call your QIDP or the weekend supervisor if it is after normal business hours. Please remember that this is an effort to protect you, your loved one and the staff who serve them.
If you are cleared to visit Holy Angels’ campus, expect the following procedure to be followed:
- You will be asked to complete a brief questionnaire at the Guard House/Gate
- Your temperature may be taken at the door, similar to what local nursing homes are doing
- You will be required to limit yourself to only those areas in which you must be present
- We will be limiting through-traffic in most buildings, especially Madonna Hall and St. Michael’s Home
- Let your QIDP know if you would like us to assist with providing a Skype, FaceTime or other video communication
- Any resident that leaves Holy Angels’ campus will not be allowed to return until these protective restrictions have ended (similar to our flu quarantine procedure)
- Exceptions to this include those residents who work jobs off-campus and are transported by Holy Angels’ staff
- If you remove your loved one and the length of this temporary restriction exceeds their leave days, you will be required to pay a day-rate-based bed hold fee in advance or forfeit your resident’s place at Holy Angels
We are also requiring that all volunteers and unnecessary visitors refrain from visiting Holy Angels until further notice.
Thank you for your cooperation as we implement our proactive infection control plan. We will let you know as soon as these temporary protective restrictions are lifted. You can stay updated on the latest news concerning the coronavirus by visiting this webpage. Also, should you have any questions, please reach out to us at (318) 797-8500.
Laurie Boswell, CEO