Holy Angels is looking for a Clerical Medical Office Coordinator to assist in the care of our residents. This position is responsible for coordinating the clerical duties in a Medical Office setting including: resident referrals to physicians, as well as obtaining benefit/coverage information, assisting with care coordination and scheduling any necessary medical testing and/or outside appointments, contacting families about appointments, etc. This position works with the DON, LPNs, CMAs, resident families, residents, insurance carriers and physician offices in a professional and courteous manner and is responsible for documenting benefits, appointments and all interactions in the electronic medical record and assisting in all clerical medical coordination.
- Screens telephone calls for LPNs, DON and referrals to physicians.
- Scheduling appropriate coverage for LPNs and CMAs when needed.
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation of incoming and outgoing resident referrals and appointments.
- Ensure complete and accurate registration including: resident demographics, current insurance information and medical records necessary for resident appointments and/or medications.
- Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to Specialists’ offices, pharmacies, etc.
- Contact insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met and present medical information such as history, diagnosis and prognosis when necessary.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the medical office staff ensuring it operates efficiently.
- Assists the nursing staff and physicians with reports and correspondence as directed.
- Enters and tracks the timely submission of resident related paperwork, supplemental orders and billing-related information.
- Promotes teamwork on a daily basis by encouraging communication and reporting problems and concerns to the Director of Nursing.
- Demonstrates professional conduct, as measured by accuracy and legitimacy of billing, and adherence to confidentiality, accounting, and HIPAA standards.
- Develops accurate reports as measured by Director of Nursing review.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with physician offices.
- Adhere to purchasing procedures and inventory control for office and medical supplies.
- Act as liaison between physician offices and administration.
- Participate in monthly clinical staff meetings.
- Support nursing staff as needed.
- Complete clerical tasks including but not limited to distributing mail and reports, mail and faxing reports.
- Facilitate annual review process of resident charts.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Knowledge of medical terminology, referral policies/procedures and health insurance plans.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and electronic medical records.
- Additional knowledge of ICD 10 and CPT codes preferred.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate good, solid judgment and resourcefulness in problem solving.
- Ability to work both on a team and independently with the capability to self-direct.
- Ability to work with interruptions and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be flexible and receptive to change.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain new information.
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- Strong customer service, telephone, and etiquette skills.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required- Technical School or Associates Degree preferred.
- The position requires at least Seven (7) solid years of medical office experience.
- Prior experience working as a Ward Clerk, Medical Secretary or Medical Office Coordinator required.
- Ability to to obtain Certified Medication Administration Attendant certification a plus.
Holy Angels is a residential facility for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities located in South East Shreveport.
Equal Opportunity Employer